Collins Receives HAZWOPER40 Certification
Thomas Collins, Operations Manager with FCS Industrial Solutions, has received his HAZWOPER40 certification.
Collins is a ten year veteran of the Danville Fire Department and a current member of the tactical rescue unit for the city of Danville, VA. As one of the most highly trained and decorated professionals in the safety and rescue industry Collins has continued to increase his knowledge with continuing education and training. He has recently completed his HAZWOPER40 certification, which is just the latest in a long list of his qualifications as the lead person on all FCS Industrial Solutions job sites. HAZWOPER regulations are designed and regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and are designed to help employers and employees safely perform the following operations:
- Cleanup operations required by a governmental body (federal, state, local or other) involving hazardous substances conducted at uncontrolled
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA) as amended (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.)
- Voluntary cleanup operations at sites recognized by a federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous-waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous waste which are conducted at treatment, storage and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations, parts 264 and 265 pursuant to the RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of release of, hazardous substances (regardless of the hazard’s location)
The training for this certification involves 40 hours of classroom training, traditional job site experience, and testing. It is just another example of FCS Industrial Solutions meeting and exceeding the safety requirements of our customers. Give us a call today to learn about all of the services we can provide in your manufacturing facility!